This document describes the official rules (“Official Rules”) of the Anime Audiolog Logo Banner Design Contest. The object of this contest is to design a logo banner and avatar image for the blog Anime Audiolog (animeaudiolog.wordpress.com). Information on how to enter and about the prizes is part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Official Rules prevail.
The purpose of the contest is to design a logo banner for Anime Audiolog. The logo banner will be used online, in print, on merchandise and other media as needed. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily for different digital media.
The submission will consist of two parts. The first is a banner. The banner should be 960 pixels by 250 pixels. At a minimum, the banner should contain the name of the web site: “Anime Audiolog”.
The second part is an avatar image. The image should have equal dimensions on all sides. It should be no larger than 400 by 400 pixels, and no smaller than 50 by 50 pixels.
“Entry” means a logo design created by the Entrant for this Contest.
“Entrant” means the individual that offers the Entry under the terms of this Contest.
2/12/2013 – Initial Posting
2/22/2013 – Changed Deadline to March 30, 2013, winning announcement to April 6, 2013
- The Contest is open only to individuals. The Contest is not open to companies, educational institutions, organizations, etc. or to groups associated with such institutions.
How to Enter
- Initial entries must be submitted by email to animeaudiolog [at] gmail [dot] com.
- The format for the entries should be, in order of preference:
- submitted as a scalable vector graphic, such as .Al, .EPS, .PGN or other compatible vector/lossless format,
- A high quality JPG.
- The email must include the name and email address of the Entrant.
- No more than 3 Entries may be submitted by any one Entrant.
- Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
- We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in e-mail.
- There is no fee to enter the Contest.
- By submitting the submission form you certify the following statement “I certify that I am the author of the material I am submitting to Anime Audiolog. Anime Audiolog and its licensees may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works and otherwise use the material for any purpose in any form and on any media. I agree to indemnify Anime Audiolog for all damages and expenses that may be incurred in connection with the material.”
- The deadline for Entries is midnight on Saturday, March 30, 2013.
Subject to any legal restrictions, the winning design will be announced April 6, 2013. Every effort will be made to inform the winner in a timely fashion. An announcement will be made on the live stream “Anime Talk”, which airs at 11 pm Eastern Standard Time. The winning designer will receive:
- A $20 gift certificate to Amazon.com (US store).
- The right to use the basic logo and identify him/herself as the logo designer.
Judging and Selection of Winner
Entries will be judged based on Originality, Memorability and Appropriateness, Simplicity, High Craftsmanship and Typography. Judging will be done via a public poll of all submissions, and by the authors and editors of Anime Audiolog. The public poll winner will receive one vote. The authors and editors will each cast one vote for their favorite submission. The submission gaining the most votes will be chosen as the winner.
- All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
- All Entries will become the sole property of Anime Audiolog and may be displayed publicly on Anime Audiolog web sites, videos, and other media.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and Anime Audiolog in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and Anime Audiolog and relating to the Contest.